Skimlinks

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Homemade spaghetti sauce & homemade meatballs =D

Homemade Spaghetti Sauce w/ Homemade Meatballs!!

9/24/2012

I made my homemade spaghetti sauce again! Came out amazing! This time I also cooked homemade meatballs to go with! Those were incredible too!!

The recipe for my sauce can be found in the blog archive =) If you don't want to search for it, feel free to contact me and I will send it to you :)
For the meatballs, I started with some fresh minced parsley and fresh minced garlic.

 I then mixed 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef, 1lb of ground pork, 6 eggs, 3 cups of dry bread crumbs, 1 1/2 cups of milk and some salt and pepper all together!
 I shaped those into about 2-2 1/2 inch meatballs.
 Heated just a bit of vegetable oil in a pan, the fat from the meatballs really did most of the work after the first set of four meatballs. I cooked them on a low-med setting for about 20-30 mins each batch, using a meat thermometer to check the temp inside & be sure it was at 165 before I removed them and placed them in the sauce.
 I placed each batch directly in the sauce as they finished so the first ones cooked int he sauce longer, the last I let cook about 20mins before I removed the sauce from heat and from the pan to cool for a bit.
I let this sit in the fridge overnight as I prefer sauces the next day because the flavors have all blended together even more over night :) Tonight I will boil some spaghetti noodles & pour this over them! This recipe was given to me by a friend, it was a recipe his mother used from an old Betty Crocker cook book (from the '50s/'60s)

The sauce takes about an hour of preparation and it cooks for as long as you like- the longer it cooks, the better it tastes ;-) I let mine simmer for 3-4 hours

The meatballs take about half an hour of preparation and each batch of four took 20-30mins to cook. So it was about two hours to cook all of the meatballs doing it this way. 

A lot of work and a lot of patience but boy does it sure taste good!!!

4 comments:

  1. I would love to try your spaghetti sauce recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://jessynichole.blogspot.com/2012/09/my-first-successful-spaghetti-sauce.html

    There's the link for the sauce :) I actually switched to my own page at www.jessysodds-n-ends.com but haven't posted in awhile, we may be starting a new blog on self sustainability over the next year! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions! Happy cooking :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may have to copy and paste that, it doesn't appear to have posted as a link...

    ReplyDelete