Skimlinks

Monday, October 1, 2012

Stuffed Jalapenos

~Bacon - wrapped, stuffed with cream cheese & cheddar~

These are so yumm!!!!

Great appetizer or snack for get togethers or parties!

 Just need cheddar cheese, cream cheese, whatever bacon you prefer & some jalapenos ;-D
 Because I am a MAJOR wimp when it comes to spice, I always completely de-seed them and completely de-rib them (all of the white 'ribbing' inside the pepper)

I STRONGLY suggest you wear gloves the entire time you are handling the inside of these peppers! 
I had made cream cheese stuffed jalapenos before that didn't involve cutting them open, just cut the tops off & used a knife to hollow them out. 
When handling the inside of the pepper, the capcaisen gets on your skin & will BURN your hands for hours afterwards (at least if you are as sensitive as I lol) Was not any fun waiting for that to pass >.<
 I mixed just over one container of cream cheese (Had about 1/4 of a container from last time)
And a couple handfuls of cheddar-maybe two cups? of shredded medium cheddar cheese.
Filled each one, wrapped in 1/2 strip of bacon each & baked at 350 for 30 mins, then put on broil for 5mins but pulled em out after 3, they were just starting to burn.

Putting them on the broil for a few mins at the end really gave them a very nice crispy finish, I would suggest 25 mins at 325 followed by 3 mins under the broiler. 
I had bumped the temp up because I had more peppers than I usually do.

These came out absolutely delicious!! I like them better than just the regular cream cheese stuffed ones I usually make! The cheese filling to pepper ration is more even with this recipe, if that makes sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment