Skimlinks

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Chicken & mushroom in Alfredo sauce served over spaghetti squash!!






For late lunch/ early dinner (although it is actually dinner time lol) I made chicken Alfredo on top of spaghetti squash!! I boiled the squash this time, usually I bake it. I like it either way and both are pretty easy, I find it's easier to cut into the squash after it's boiled where as when you bake it you cut it in half first & scoop the seeds-which the seeds are easier to scoop without losing flesh of squash when it's raw. I then made home made Alfredo sauce, took about a quarter cup of butter & melted that on a med low heat, then added about a cup of heavy cream & let that simmer about 5mins, just starting to bubble a bit. I then added  one clove of freshly chopped garlic & a quarter cup of freshly chopped parsley & let that cook for about 2 mins. I had cooked a breast of chicken in another pan & diced it up and then added it to the sauce after that couple mins. While this simmered for a couple mins, I cooked about three mushrooms, sliced, in about a tbsp of butter & then added them to the sauce also. I added about a half a cup of milk to thin the sauce just a touch then served it over the squash! It was one of the BEST things I've ever eaten!! Thanx to my co worker for the idea of alfredo with chicken & mushroom over spaghetti sauce!! It was awesome and really didn't require that much work! I made extra work for myself by making the sauce from scratch lol, if you don't do that it is even less work ;-) let me know if you try it & what you think!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment