Skimlinks

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Bacon-wrapped, cream cheese-stuffed jalapenos!!!

These are so yummy!!!

9/25/2012

Fresh, locally grown, jalapenos, cream cheese, bacon!


 I always rinse the jalapenos, cut out the seed core, remove ALLLLLL seeds & use a narrow, sharp knife to hollow out the inside of as much of the white 'ribs' as you possibly can--leave these in if you'd like them to be spicier. 

I don't eat spicy stuff and have found by removing the seeds and ribs I am usually safe once these are baked that they won't be spicy. (I won't chance buying them at the store, these I buy from a local farmer whose produce I have become very familiar with)
 Once I've seeded them I will rinse them inside & out very very thoroughly and also wash both cutting boards with hot soap and water.

I then use a clean knife to cut off strips of cream cheese- how ever many jalapenos I have, I will cut strips for.
 I have discovered cream cheese is very 'moldable' lol :) Very easy to just twist into the jalapenos and fill each one to the top, smoothing off the top
 I lay foil onto a cookie sheet (less cleanup later) & spray with nonstick coating. 

Wrap each pepper in a strip of bacon-I like using the thick sliced bacon, but whatever your preference would suffice, even the maple bacon I would guess would taste good with this!
Bake at 325 for between 25 and 35 minutes, depending how many peppers and also how crispy you like the bacon.

If you are like me & a major wimp when it comes to spice, I would be careful buying the peppers & stick to buying them from someone you are familiar with so you'll know what the chances of them being 'hot' are. About 1 out of 10 peppers I buy from him are 'almost' too hot for me, I can still handle them once they've been stripped of 'the good stuff' lol :)
I also keep a glass of milk handy just in case there is a hot one, that or a slice of bread are both good rescuers if need be :) enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment