Skimlinks

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Salsa!

Homemade Salsa wi/th fresh ingredients!

9/25/2012

Made home made salsa for the first time in a long time!! Most of the ingredients were locally grown, as well!

 Fresh & locally grown; tomatoes, costa rican peppers, bell peppers, jalapenos (one seen here but I put two in the salsa). 
From the store; sweet yellow onion, parsley, garlic, cilantro, sea salt, pepper, garlic salt & tortilla chips :)
Using a handheld chopper I recently stumbled across that I've had in a cupboard for years and yet only recently realized it's full potential with all of my new found cooking at home!! I've never really put this baby to as much use as I did in just the last couple days lol!!

I minced all ingredients instead of chopped because I'm still getting the hang of the chopper lol :) When I made the bruschetta (see previous posted recipe ;-D ) you can tell I've learned to 'chop' instead of just mince lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment