Skimlinks

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Bruschetta!

Bruschetta!

Made bruschetta for the first time!

Ingredients: Tomatoes, basil, feta cheese, onions, minced garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper. Also will need sour dough toast

I made bruschetta after a friend gave me a great recipe! I didn't measure, I just used what sounded good to me lol ;) My favorite method for cooking!

Diced about 4 medium sized tomatoes.
4oz of feta cheese
Diced a  wedge of sweet yellow onion 
 
(I use sweet yellow in just about anything, while I enjoy the taste of purple onion, sometimes they can be spicy-the white ones can also be spicy. The sweet yellows seem to be pretty consistent in how they taste)
 
Minced about 3 cloves of garlic
(I like a lot of garlic lol :) ) 
Used a squirt of organic chopped basil 
(comes in a tube marked gourmet garden)
a splash of olive oil
a splash of balsamic vinegar
sprinkle of salt & pepper
Mixed this altogether & put it in the fridge overnight.

I then bought a sour dough baguette & sliced it into about 3/4" slices
 
I toasted those in the toaster oven & topped them with the bruschetta!!
 
Sooooo yummy!!! And easy to make too! Would make a great party favor =D

No comments:

Post a Comment